If you have any questions regarding your graduate program and your time at UBC, please contact your supervisor and/or your respective program advisor directly.
- There is no part-time PhD.
- Candidates will normally be required to spend a minimum of two winter sessions at the University.
- Language requirements exams may be taken off-site with approval from the Graduate Committee.
- Students are encouraged to complete their comprehensive exams within the first two or two and one-half years in the program. Comprehensive exams must be completed by the end of the students’ third year.
- Doctoral candidates must complete their programme within six years after their initial registration.
- Under exceptional circumstances, leaves of absence and/or extension of up to one year may be granted.
- All students are required to register in successive years of their candidacy. A student who fails to register as required will forfeit their candidacy.
Film production MFA/Film Production & Creative Writing MFA Graduate Administrator
Cinema & Media Studies Graduate Administrator