Since 2005, the graduate students in the Film Studies Masters program have edited the journal Cinephile providing opportunities for both graduate students and established scholars to be published. Recent issues of Cinephile have featured contributions from Martine Beugnet, Laura U. Marks, Jane Stadler, Tarja Laine, and Lee Edelman. This year, Cinema and Media Studies MA candidates Morgan Harper and Zoë Laks are the co-Editors-in-Chief. www.cinephile.ca.
Cinephile, “Philosophy and New Media,” features contributions from Martine Beugnet, Jane Stadler, Tarja Laine, David Deamer, Dilyana Mincheva, David Evan Richard, Jenny Gunn, and Laura U. Marks.
Martine Beugnet (PDF)
- “Cinesonic Imagination: The Somatic, the Sonorous, and the Synaesthetic” by Jane Stadler (PDF)
- “Moves and Countermoves: Visual Technologies of Fear and Counter-Technologies of Hope in The Hunger Games Quadrilogy” by Tarja Laine (PDF)
- “Archive Rushes: On Truth and Lie in Adam Curtis’s HyperNormalisation” by David Deamer (PDF)
- “Sense8 and the Praxis of Utopia” by Dilyana Mincheva (PDF)
- “Film Phenomenology and the “Eloquent Gestures” of Denis Villeneuve’s Arrival” by David Evan Richard (PDF)
- “The I in Object: Selfie Culture and Object-Oriented Philosophy” by Jenny Gunn (PDF)