1. What is your title? What do you do at UBC Theatre and Film? Where can we find you (your office or room)?
Manage the film collection
Help students watch TV
Assist with UBC Library film purchases
Room 206, Lasserre Building
2. How long have you worked here?
29 years (formerly as the Film Production Equipment Manager and Technician) plus three years as a student.
3. How did you get the job-training/education, previous jobs, particular skill sets, connections to UBC?
I was a student in film production at UBC, so I was a known quantity. I previously worked at the CBC (“Beachcombers”) and did freelance film work.
4. What are the top three great things about working at UBC Theatre and Film?
1.Talking to students about the movies they enjoy.
2.That my children come to work with me (because they are UBC students).
3.Ten thousand movies. In the same room.
5. If you weren’t working at UBC in your present position, what would be your dream job?
6. If you have an artistic practice, what is it? What’s up next?
I have just completed writing my second novel.
7. What is one little known fact (that you would like to share) about yourself?
I have five children and three grandchildren.
8. What do you do for fun or relaxation?